Coach Van


Vanessa's Team Spring 09
Originally uploaded by Chavaneth
Most of you know Coach Van - When I realized I had to have an assistant coach he stepped right up - and when it was time for me to move to coaching Ethan's team he gladly became coach of Vanessa's team. Vanessa and I have been soooo fortunate with all of our parents but this particular post is about Van.
Yesterday he went to the soccer office to hand in our registration. They gave him a list of everyone who had not signed up or paid. I was on the non-paid list. So he sent me an email yesterday letting me know I need to pay by Monday. ok ok great! Also he thought it was strange they gave him my social security number.
Wha? I wasn't necessarily worried that Van had it. But really? Why would they do that? I asked Van to hire an illegal nanny and give her my number so she can raise my credit score.
He told me he was on it - he had taken out three credit cards, placed an order at fingerhut and then sold it to a guy for some DVDs.
I was dying laughing. Especially the 1987 fingerhut reference. But still! Why would they do that?
So I sent an email to the soccer office. I was very polite considering the offense and told them the story and asked when did it become acceptable to give out people's social security numbers??
Then I left work and took the kids to an MLK Holiday inspired movie at the Circle Cinema! When I got home I checked my email to see what the soccer people had to say for themselves.
First, I notice an email from Van. "OMG I thought you knew I was JOKING!"
Then I saw two emails from our very confused soccer office administrator, Elizabeth, saying they don't even HAVE my social security number. And she had politely copied Van.
So Elizabeth took the whole thing remarkably well. She even planted a little seed that I should be getting Van back in a big way.
So Van has told me he is eating crow but he wanted to make sure I knew it wasn't a REAL crow and asked me NOT to call PETA!

No comments: