Popsicle Time

You know the old saying "If you have a sick kid and you're at your wit's end, another one will get sick, and just as you think you have that under control, a THIRD kid will get sick."
No? You've never heard it? Well I have. I've lived it. When I say "sick" - I'm talking Ethan not speaking for hours at a time and Vanessa only wanting to sit in my lap and Chad not seeing Maggie for several days. It's been a rough week to say the least. But everyone is on the mend and Vanessa was in the mood to make some Popsicles. She sent Stephanie a text and Stephanie thought that was a great idea and sent Steve right over!
Vanessa and I took pictures along the way so you can make some GET WELL popsicles too :-) The instructions are under each picture!
Drain a 10oz jar of maraschino cherries (save juice) Put on cherry in each of 8 3oz Dixie cups.

Coursely chop the remaining cherries


Pour one frz lemonade into the blender


Add 1/4 cup water


Pour the reserved cherry juice into the blender


Add chopped cherries


Blend until smooth

Fill up cups. Freeze several hours until slushy. Add popsicle sticks. Freeze several more hours. Peel off cups.  ENJOY!!!
I found them a little more sour than fruity. I might only put in 2/3 of the lemonade and 1/2 cup of water next time, but that's up to you!

Thank you Steve and Stephanie for the supplies! Thank you Vanessa for some wonderful picture taking :-)

1 comment:

Kahri said...

Glad everyone is feeling better! The popsicles look delicious!