Veggie Garden Survives Freeze



Do you remember when this happened?
This post is long overdue, I realize. I have been working on PriorityMe almost non-stop. There are even bigger and plentiful plants now - but I thought I should post in order! :-)
Luckily Chad is supersmart and protected the garden with a tarp! The next day all the snow was gone. It was just mud and kids dying to get muddy!
Snow boots, short and a T-shirt. Classic Oklahoma weather. There used to be a lot of lush grass in front of our shed, but some local children (mine) decided this was the most perfect place ever to DIG. I think the goal was a moat. I'd say they were about 60% successful.






Back to the garden. These two pictures are of the first cute little sprouts of vegetables. Tonight I will take some pictures of the agressive little plants so you can see how far they have come! :-)
Here are the wee lettuce and pea plants. Those are 1 ft squares so that gives you an idea of the size when I say WEE. :-)

No comments: