My Mom

A friend of mine asked for a broccoli repice and it reminded me of my mom's yummy broccoli salad. :-) She brought it to a soccer tournament once and it was a huge hit! So since I have the recipe out and ready I thought I would share one more for you guys. It is the holiday season after all and we can all use more great food!

From my mom:
I got this from pauladeen.com
The trick is to cut everything VERY small.

Salt and freshly ground black pepper (whatever :) )
¼ cup sugar
½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoon white vinegar
8 ounce sharp cheddar cheese cut into very small cubes
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup craisons (note from Sammi: you dont have to use these)
½ cup chopped red onions
6-8 slices cooked bacon crumbled (note from Sammi: you dont have to use bacon either!)
1 head broccoli

(we added a cup of sunflower seeds)

trim off large leaves of broccoli. Remove tough stalks at end and wash thoroughly. Cut flowerets and stems into bite-sizes. (can’t say I actually use the stems) Place in a large bowl. Add crumbled bacon, sunflower seeds, onion, crasins, and cheese. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients stirring well. Add to broccoli mixture and toss gently.
Let me know if you try it and how much everyone loved it!!!

No comments: